Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bonus Post, Blackbox Polish

Hey-o! I have a bonus post for you that actually doesn't revolve around the 31 Day Nail Polish Challenge!  I was looking at colors to re-do my mani, and remembered I had this one from my August Blackbox.

This is China Glaze Surfin' For Boys. It's a bright coral neon, but in the bottle I was pretty underwhelmed.  It looked like a shimmery version of a bright summer coral, so I wasn't in a hurry to swatch it.

Putting this polish on I went whoa!!! This is neon. And not just regular neon, like punch you in the face neon. When I was outside around twilight,  it literally almost glowed in the dark.

But chickadees,  this formula was atrocious.  It was like trying to smear mayonnaise on my nails. It was thick, streaky and also dried to a satin finish which was weird.

After I put the top coat on, I liked it better.



In the shade the brightness came through much better.


I'm using this in my next "day" challenge,  so look forward to that!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment