Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 6, 31 Day Nail Polish Challenge

Purple. Thoughts of purple bring grapes, tacky wedding colors and Barney. I didn't think I would have any issues with purple because I have quite a few. But after looking through them all, I settled on something pretty easy.

This is Nicole By OPI I Lilac Gumdrops textured polish. I haven't worn this one by itself yet, so the results were little to be desired. This is also my only bottle of the gumdrops line that I currently have. What you see here is 2 coats, and I should have done another one because its not as opaque as I would like. But I also have issues with these sandy or gritty polishes drying in a decent amount of time,  so I didn't have the patience for another coat. I like the color though. It really compliments my skin tone. I also like the amount of sparkle in it, and if you are new to textured polishes, this would be a good one to start with because its not as gritty as Pixie Dust or Liquid Sand.

The accent nail is Ciate's Pepperminty topped with a random Sephora purple glitter that I picked up when they were closing out the line.

Overall,  I like it. It's not so in your face as a purple mani, so me kinda likey.

On a side note, yesterday it was 97 degrees.  97!!!! I miss outside activities and green grass. We haven't had rain in so long that everything is just looking so brown. The temp is supposed to drop a little,  so maybe like 92 degrees by Thursday?   =)

Happy hump day friends
April

No comments:

Post a Comment