Friday, March 21, 2014

I'm the Worst Blogger Ever

No excuses here, I know. It's been way too long since my last post, and it's not like I haven't been painting my nails. I have. I have been always updating on Instagram,  so if you don't follow me there, you can do so here. It's so easy to upload there, when I'm on the run, I just go there.

Enough of that,  let's get back to what's important.  What have I done in the past week?

First off, I have my mani from St. Paddy's Day. Like everyone else in the US, we celebrate and party hardy on the Saturday before. Luckily,  that was also a cue on the March Nail Art Challenge for Flakes. I just assumed that she meant flakies, so I went with it.



This is Sinful Colors Exotic Green, topped with Zoya Opal for the green nails, and then Essie's Fear or Desire topped with Zoya Maria Louisa. Little white shamrocks topped this one later, but I wanted to keep it simple for that daily cue. This pic is weird because I wanted to show the color shift that Opal did on the green.  So pretty!




Side note,  did you notice how far I cut my nails down? When I go out, for a long day of drinking and other festivities,  I always break a nail. Not this time, lol! Also, I've given up on the March challenge.  If something looks interesting I'll do it, but I'm halfway out.


Next up is in conjunction with a nail group on Facebook that I belong to, and every Monday we go through the alphabet and everyone posts a mani with the letter of the week. This week is R, so I used Zoya Rocky. I bought this gem on clearance at Ulta awhile ago and never used it. OMG. I love it. It's bright without being too bright, and is a super lovely shade. I'm so mad I never used it before.  I added an accent of a new indie I bought with an Etsy gift card I stashed away, and this is Oopsie Daisies Blueberry Muffins.  I love this one too!!! It's a white milky crelly base, so I did give it a white undie base. There are lilac, brown and copper glitters in there and I just adore it.



Finally,  I have two more new polishes that I received in a swap this last month. The base is OPI Road House Blues, and is topped with Jindie Nails Purple Universary. I die. Literally.  The circle glitters in this, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. They were all different sizes and each caught a different spectrum of holo fantabulousness. (I'm making that a word for this, it's that awesome).



These pics don't even capture how purdy this is. It's just.... ahh. Pretty.

Now we're caught up. I promise to do better. I've gotten some super awesome new polishes lately,  and if nothing else I will swatch them and post that. I've finally gotten into the world of indie polishes... I'm not a big online shopper-I like to touch, see, feel things, and you can't do that online. I freak out when I order my tea online because I hate to be disappointed.  Well indie world, bring it. I'm officially obsessed.


Cheers everyone.  Have a great weekend
April

No comments:

Post a Comment