Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Doctor Lacquer Dopamine

Hello!  Did you have a good weekend?  Easter weather here was amazingly beautiful.  But wait for it, it's Iowa, so we went from 90 degrees back down to 50-60. Sigh. Oh well, at least I know summer is coming.

What I have for you today is a polish that I ordered last week. It's made by Doctor Lacquer,  and this one is called Dopamine.   Doctor Lacquer is known for their thermal polishes, and I've been dying to try one. So of course,  I gravitated towards this one... I mean, come on. Purple base, circle glitter,  golden yellow, bright yellow glitters AND then it turns aqua when warm? This should have been called April.


Cold, purple

Transition


Warm, aqua






Here's what I learned with thermal polish:
1. Don't apply this sitting outside on an almost 90 degree day. That was weird.
2. My hands are apparently mostly cold all the time. I pretty much knew this, because I'm that annoying girl in your office that no matter how warm it is, I still whine that I'm cold. But I thought it was interesting that my thumb and pointer would be in the transition phase, when  my pinkies would stay purple almost all the time.
3. Taking it off was cool. I used my OPI Glitter Off,  so I was able to peel this, and it at the time was blue since I just came home from the gym, and then it would come off purple. Fun!


I would totally recommend this brand. I purchased this polish from their Store Envy store, but they also have an ETSY store.

Now I need more thermals. Pronto. =)
Cheers,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment