Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Delicate Print, Day 15

I'm sharing today day 15, delicate print for the 31 Day Nail Polish Challenge.  I was so frustrated with this one. I tried freehanding a lace sty I e design. Nope. I didn't like it. So I looked through my measly stamping plates. Nope. Unless I wanted butterflies,  I had nothing. So I had some success with the feather,  and I thought to myself,  self... what else can you stick on your nails? I had this lace idea stuck in my head from this picture.

I wanted lace so bad. So here is my free hand attempt... I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and then drew on the "lace" with my good ole Essie Licorice to draw on the lace bits. Oh. My. Goodness. This was a total hot mess. Here are some pics. Which I can't believe I'm actually sharing these.

The thumb was my first nail,  so I was pretty OK at first. Then disaster struck. 


What. Was. I. Thinking??? Terrible. 

So, I started over. I had this Ciate color that I got with my foil kit. (P.S., the formula is atrocious) and the bought a half yard of some intricate THIN lace from  my local hobby store. I used the same technique as the feather mani,  only glued on little pieces of the lace. Dudes, I'm still so uneasy about this one. 






So here's the scoop on the lace thing.  It worked pretty well if you want the lace look without using a stamping plate. I liked my thumb and my pointer finger a lot. The others? I found myself staring at them all day and was so looking forward to tonight when I can take it off. The texture all day was so annoying.  It's way worse than any texture polish I've ever worn. 

Well, tomorrow is another day and one that I am WAAAAAYYYY more comfortable with,  so this is great that it seems like I have passed my nemesis.  Successful? Not sure. What are your thoughts? Do you like the black and white lace, or the real lace with the coral base?

Happy hump day!!! P.S... that means 2 more days until drinkytown! Whoop!
April




No comments:

Post a Comment