Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 14, 31 Day Nail Polish Challenge- Flowers

Today is day 14, which is flowers. I like flowers, I used to have somewhat if a green thumb, but then I got waaaay too busy for that and all my flower beds became overgrown and died. I have a hard time with potted plants now too. Good thing the hubs likes to watch stuff grow. He's been taking care of our veggie garden the past two years and I get to eat all the delicious produce.

So since it's finally starting to feel like fall, I wanted to do a nice fall-y flower for today's challenge.  Sunflowers came to mind.


I sponged on two colors of blue, and let that dry. I then free hand painted on the sunflowers with acrylic paint.

I love the combo of blue / purple and yellow flowers. So fun, funky, fall. I can smell the burning leaves and pumpkin bars in the air.



It also reminds me of that terrible sunflower perfume that my mom always wore in the late 80's / early 90's. And you know what? I can smell it as I type this. Funny how smells invoke memories.

Well, that's all for today. I'm having a helluva time with tomorrow,  delicate print. I don't have very many stamping plates, so that's out. I only have freehand or other techniques to work with, and I'm just not getting the look I want. We'll see what gets actually posted tomorrow... maybe a fun picture of a cat or one of those Fry from Futureama memes. You'll just have to wait and see!!!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment