Monday, September 23, 2013

Lucky 13, Animal Print

How was your weekend? Mine was super awesome.  Not only did my football team win, they obliterated the visiting team. However, it was pretty sunny out, and I didn't realize how sunny it was until I looked at my husband (who is a fair skinned redhead) and he was super red. It was then that I remembered that I put a mascot sticker on my cheek that morning. Yep. I've got a tigerhawk sunburned on my cheek. I look ridiculous.  Good thing my nails are here to distract me!!

Today I've made it to day 13, animal print.  I Googled pictures of animal prints, and I just didn't see anything I really liked. Here's the thing... I have always sort of thought that standard animal prints are for older women, like leopard and zebra print... it's just not something I would wear. Definitely not something I would purchase.  So I started to think about other animals. Fish. Snakes. Birds. Wait... birds! I had purchased some feathers a long time ago, and knew it was perfect for today's challenge.




I started with a base of OPI's Do You Lilac It? and let that fully dry. Then I grabbed the feathers and found some good looking ones that would be easy to apply. Look for feathers that have a tight tip and are curved at the end- that way you won't have to trim as much. 

Then working one nail at a time,  I swiped on a coat of Seche Vite topcoat,  and then placed the feather on top. Seche Vite dries pretty quickly, so I was able to trim the excess feather pretty quickly. Finishing the rest of my hand, and with the feathers secure,  go back and closely trim the edges and file. One more top coat, and voila! 

I love this. I don't think I want to ever take it off. Imagine how fab this would look with a golden yellow base... hawkeye nails! 




What's the verdict on this one? Have you worked with feathers before?  
Happy Monday
April


No comments:

Post a Comment