Wednesday, October 2, 2013

20 Days of the Challenge

Well hello there.  I cannot believe that I've made it to day 20. I seriously thought that I would be so far behind that I would just quit around day 10. But I made it to the dreaded water marble.

I actually re-did this one from my first look because it was a hot mess. I took a deep breath,  watched several tutorials,  and did a do over.



I cant remember what tutorial I watched, but it was a similar design from this one. And let me preface this with that I've only really attempted water marbling a few other times. And I'm kind of partial to purple nail polish.



I used three different colors here for the marbling: Essie Jamaica Me Crazy, OPI Do You Lilac It and Essie No More Film. My base was a light coat of Essie Lilacisim.
So, you drop good size blobs into water and repeat with other colors.  Take a toothpick and then cut in your design.  Dunk your nail in and then collect off the excess. Bring out your nail, and the design is transferred onto your nail. Oh yeah. Best part? It comes out of the water dry.




I think with a little more practice this could be very cute. My pinky got a little funked up, but ended not being as annoying as I thought it would be. I definitely need to check out some more ideas and tips. I saw one that was a striped look that I really liked.

So that's all for today! Let me know what you think!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment