Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 21, Inspired by a Color

Today starts the last section of the 31 Day Nail Polish Challenge, and they are mostly "inspired by" prompts.  The first inspiration is a color.

I love color. I love almost all colors, and I like to miss-match them in my wardrobe.  I also color code EVERYTHING. My coworkers laugh at my OCC with color coding my days of notes. I use a different color every day (going in rainbow order, of course) and then I can look back and say, oh yes. That was the orange day, September 17th.

My niece,  Pickle, used to make it a goal to know what all of our favorite colors were. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I changed about 5 years ago from pink to green. And I recently purchased a new green polish.

I pulled out all my other green polishes and of course, wanted to go dark and light.  Inspiration struck to do a saran wrap mani. (Please forgive the pictures as it was cloudy outside this morning and my pics reflected everything! )



My base coat is Zoya Hunter, and the light color is Essie's The More the Merrier. After the base coat is dry, you swipe on the top color and while it's still wet, tap it off with scrunched up saran wrap.



I have to admit it... I'm in love with this. It looks like a mix between tie dye, algae and marbling.  And throw in some Jackson Pollock splatter art. I just adore this.



I cant wait to try this with other colors.

If you had to choose one color to wear the rest of your life, what would it be?

Cheers!
April


No comments:

Post a Comment