Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 22, Inspired by a Song

Hello lovelies... I hope you all had a great weekend.  My football winning streak is over. We played like poo, it rained on and off all morning, and now it's super cold and I am freezing.

Bonus though, I got caught up on the challenge and I can see the end!! Today's prompt is inspired by a song, and I love music so this one was tough. I have several playlists on my ipod, and one is just my favorites.  I was flipping through them and trying to think of what I could translate into nail art... and stumbled upon this diddy.

The Black Keys are a phenomenal band. I've liked them for a long time, and was super stoked when they recently won a Grammy.  Gold on the Ceiling is one of the songs on the aforementioned playlist.



I painted the nail entirely white, using Essie Blanc. I then freehanded the keys on there with black polish. The tip, or the ceiling, I used Nicole by OPI The Next CEO and topped it off with some gold glitter.



Overall,  I'm okay with how this turned out.  But I do need to purchase a new paintbrush.  The one I have is jut not fine enough,  so the lines weren't as neat as I wanted them. But I like the concept.  Not exactly a literal interpretation of the song, but hopefully ya'll get it.



So, what's on your favorite playlist?
April


Here's the video if you've never heard the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment